Thursday, May 1, 2008

Yesterday was a good day...


It's been a nice week of rest. I taught at all three services last Sunday, so this week I'm taking some time to rest. Josh at Vintage Faith has encouraged us all to get away ALONE one day a month for prayer and reflection.
Yesterday, I went for a hike along the creek in Henry Cowell Park (see picture). I took my Bible, my journal, and A.W. Tozer's "The Pursuit of God". I hiked about 1/2 and hour to an isolated sandy spot alongside the creek. I hopped some rocks to cross the creek and even swam a bit (really cold water).
Then I went to Cowell's Beach and surfed for about 45 minutes. Annette bought me some of those water "booties" for my feet and they worked GREAT!
Then I closed out the day at the beach with some friends as we played doubles volleyball. My legs were a bit tired from the whole day, but it was a good time with some good friends.
I'm a bit sore this morning...



No comments: