Monday, June 2, 2008

Gleanings for the Hungry

I'm excited about this trip we're doing with our youth and the rest of the community at Vintage Faith. This ministry (30 miles outside of Fresno, CA) collects fruit from local growers that is not "pristine" enough to sell in our markets. Instead of being thrown away or fed to animals, we will be working hard to turn it into dried fruit that will be sent out to missionaries and disaster stricken areas as they feed the hungry of the world.
This will be a NEW ADVENTURE for me. I've enjoyed our trips to Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Guatemala, and Chile...and now Fresno!

4 comments:

TheEpicBeat said...

Is it just me? Or do the peaches remind me of a song by Sir-Mix-a-Lot.

(you brothers can't deny)

amber said...

I know that I am just a random person, but I came accross your page while searching for gleanings. I have been their twice and am going back this year. You will have an amazing time with amazing people, and thousands of peaches. God Bless and safe travel.

amber said...

I just looked at your dates and you will be there a week after I leave, how crazy is that!?! We have one group going to Cali next week and another July 28. (but you guys have fewer miles to go, we fly in from Nebraska)

Josh H. said...

hey travis,
it's josh from ember. just saying hi. hope all is well with you guys in santa cruz. i hear you know josh fox...if you ever see him tell him josh from belva's diesel says hi (he knew me when i was at simpson in 95!)