Monday, October 8, 2007

Mom and Dad


My Mom and Dad came up to visit us and the kids this weekend. It was so great to see them. They also got to go to church with us, too. Today, they stopped by Starbucks to say goodbye to me before they left. They told me how proud they are of me (even though I was wearing an apron at the time). They have always been proud of me no matter what I was into:
- When I wanted to be a heavy metal rock star in 6th grade, they were proud...
- When I was 90 pounds and I wanted to be a major league baseball player, they believed in me...
- When I was a youth pastor, they bragged to their friends about me...
- And today, when I was wearing an apron, making coffee, and working at a cash register, they still took the time to tell me how proud they are of me...

Thanks Mom and Dad...everybody needs to have someone believe in them they way you believe in me.

1 comment:

Sharon Osborne said...

Of course, we are proud of you when you wear your apron. And we just know that you make the best coffee of any Starbucks. If you want, we know that you will be manager soon. What ese, would we expect from our son who "can do no wrong". ha ha