Thursday, October 18, 2007

Props for the Volunteers...







My heart is filled with gratitude as I post these pictures. They are just a FEW of the countless men and women who have VOLUNTEERED their time to minister to young people in our youth ministry. (by the way, BORIS never received one penny for his/her appearances at camp). You see, for most of my life, I've been compensated financially for the time I put in leading a youth ministry. I would go to camp or Mexico for a week with the youth ministry (get paid for doing it), THEN I would take a week's vacation with my family. But most of our volunteers use their own vacation time to go on those same trips. They also work all day and/or go to school and STILL make time to teach and help out at youth group or have a group of students over their house for a small group Bible study.
I just want to say thank you...you are an indescribable blessing to me and the teenagers. You are each a hero to me.

Today, I got a glimpse of this. I worked at Starbucks from 6am-2pm, then drove over to church and put in a few hours preparing for youth group this Sunday. I'll do the same thing tomorrow. Tonight, Annette and I talked about our summer vacation and how we will possibly need to schedule it AROUND a camp or outreach trip with the youth.

I wish I had a picture of ALL our previous volunteers...just know that I'm thankful for you and young lives have been changed through your faithfulness.

No comments: