Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Marshmallow Baseball was a "hit"...

Well, let's just say we had a legendary game of marshmallow baseball with the youth last Sunday. The kids and leaders brought their "A" game. The leaders won the game with 71 runs. 6 of my leaders scored the maximum 10 runs for their at bat...I scored the "1" run.
On a deeper note, it was cool to see that these young people are looking to have fun and get crazy...and so were my leaders! A jr. high boy named Joseph Stickel (nicknamed "Stick") took the Defensive MVP award...he snagged the marshmallow three times in a row and shoved it in his mouth AFTER it had been on the dirty floor and passed through some hands.
I find that the kids in our group have nicknames that they like to go by:
- "Stick"
- "Yeah-Yeah"...this kid looks just like the boy in Sandlot
- "P.K." ...he's the pastor's kid
I feel weird calling them by these names, but they seem to prefer it. I'm trying to get them to call me "T-bone"...it's not working.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, the epic days of Marshmallow Baseball...such fond memories. Trav, I am so excited that you are doing so well with the students up there and look forward to hearing more stories and maybe even visiting some time.

Peace Be With You,
Micah