Saturday, August 23, 2008

We're Here!

I have no pictures to post, just some updates:
* We made it here on Thursday. Dan Lance, Nate Edwardson, a guy named Tyler, and Heather and Simone Calfee stopped by to help us move in. Dan and Nate brought their families, too. Thanks guys.
* I had some meetings at Simpson U. on Friday morning. I'm so excited to get started. I get to meet the student leaders tomorrow morning and walk through a passage of Scripture with them.
* The U-Haul was a champ driving over Hwy 17. The only mishap I had was when I first rented it and brought it to our house in Felton to load it up. I got stuck turning in to our uphill driveway, blocking our street with the truck and trailer. I was freaking out while trying to move it but it wouldn't budge. The tires would just spin because the trailer was grounded on the street. Thankfully, I had a few people (including my friend Ron) stop and help me get it unstuck. A Tow Truck driver named J.J. stopped to help and he looked at me and said, "Where do I know you from?". I told him I was a barista at Starbucks and would serve him is 5-shot Iced Venti Americano each day. After that, he smiled and started helping me out.

* We LOVE our house. We have a large backyard with grass and plenty of concrete for the kids to ride their scooters and bikes on. The people behind us have some horses and cows that graze in their backyard. I feel like I'm back in Norco! Beyond that, we have a perfect view of Mt. Shasta.
*Yesterday, I took the boys on a bike ride to Simpson. It is only half a mile away and there is a dirt trail we ride our bikes on. There is a little jump on the trail that some kids have made and we charged it like pro's. Davey bit the dust, but didn't cry. While at Simpson, we saw the President of the University and Davey was excited to tell him how he could "pop a wheelie".

Well, I'm heading home and the Lances are coming over to help me with some IKEA furniture. I normally set that stuff up with no problem, but yesterday was different. It would help if all the holes lined up!!!!!! I know Dan has super-human patience with IKEA furniture, so I invited him over. I'm kidding about his patience...

5 comments:

ThePuertoRicanSlant said...

I truly wish we lived close to you all...we miss you so much!!

Colleen Franklin said...

Glad you made it safe and sound! Missing you guys already! (And thankful for this kind of technology!)

Christian said...

Great meeting you today my man!... can't wait for this year and the opportunity to work with you. IM PUMPED.

see yah tonight..

-Christian

Sara Beth said...

What a fun adventure! I'm excited for you and glad to see that things are going well.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great way to start! We miss you here!

Dan